The Hull and East Riding Health Expo is back on Thursday 10 October at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, Hull.
Now in its fourth year, this annual exhibition and celebration will showcase just some of the innovations and the amazing healthcare teams we have here in our region, and how we’re working to make you healthier and happier!
As the event coincides with World Mental Health Day, we’ll also have plenty of teams to provide advice on mental health issues, guide people toward sources of support, or simply have a chat if you need to.
We’ll be welcoming the BBC’s David Burns along in the morning to chat to staff and visitors as he broadcasts live from the event.
Admission is free, and there will be lots to see and do. Here’s just a flavour…
- Extensive careers fair supported by the University of Hull
- ‘Meet and greet’ with Lewis the therapy dog from Nice2BNice
- Opportunities to get ‘hands on’ and practice your surgical skills with our clinical skills team
- Take part in short mental health awareness training sessions
- NHS Health Trainers – advice on healthy eating, physical activity, stopping smoking and more
- Test out our virtual reality headsets
- ‘Tea and talk’ area for those seeking mental health support
- Chat to local parkrun representatives about exercise for all the family
- Tips on preparing for the big day from our specialist midwives
- Jump on the smoothie bike and pedal your way to a healthy, refreshing drink
Between 2:30 and 3:30pm, there will also be a ‘Quiet Hour’ for visitors with autism and others who struggle with noise.
Come and help us celebrate all that’s great about our local NHS - we hope to see you there!