At East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), we want to help you enjoy your pregnancy journey and make sure your experience of maternity care is of high quality and personal to you and your family.
East Riding Maternity Voices Partnership is a foum where local parents come together on a regular basis along with healthcare professionsals, clincians and NHS managers responsible for buying maternity services in the local area.
This forum aims to provide local parents a platform to voice what was good, what wasn't so good and were we can make improvements to benefit everyone. It is also an ideal opportunity to feedback on what information is available for those wishing to get pregnant, your birthing experiences and what it's like to have a newborn in the East Riding.
To read our information booklet and find out more about Maternity Voices Partnership, click on the image below.
How to get involved
Joining Maternity Voices Partnership is simple. We welcome women and their partners who are thinking of having a baby; have had a baby in the last three years; are expecting a baby.
Simply turn up to one of the Maternity Voice Partnership events listed below. Some of the events are in the future, so in the meantime register with us to recieve regular updates so we can keep in touch.
|2 May 2019||10am - 12 noon||Brough Community Centre, Centurian Way,
Brough, HU15 1DF
2 Oct 2019
|10am - 12 noon||
Withernsea Children's Centre, Withernsea High School,
|26 Nov 2019||1pm - 3pm||
Bridlington Children's Centre,
|17 Mar 2020||10am - 12 noon||
Goole Children's Centre,
If you're not sure, but would like some more information, just email ERYCCG.MVP@nhs.net
East Riding MVP Vacancy - Lay Chair
We are looking to recruit a Lay Chair. The role will be home based and will involve:
- Networking with other MVP colleagues in the local and regional maternity system to ensure the voices of East Riding women and families are heard, considered and shared.
- Seeking views from local parents and families on the progression towards the priority ‘Better Births.’
- Liaising with and feeding back local views to the Humber Coast and Vale Local Maternity System.
- The role will be remunerated (paid).
To read the full advert, please click here.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Ruth Prentice – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to express and interest in the role, please email Rachel Ingham-Jones – email@example.com by 15 August2019.
Maternity Experience #MatExp is a powerful social media campaign involving people from all across the country to identify and share best practice across the nation’s maternity services.
#MatExp aims to:
- Encourage and empower users of maternity services to join conversations about their experiences of maternity care, and what really makes a difference to that experience.
- Get health care professionals (in and beyond the NHS) and local communities to listen and work in partnership with women and families to improve maternity experiences.
- To enable anyone to take action to improve maternity experience, however big or small, whoever you are: user, partner, community group or NHS staff.