At East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), we want to help you enjoy your pregnancy journey and make sure your experience of maternity care is of high quality and personal to you and your family.
East Riding Maternity Voices Partnership is a foum where local parents come together on a regular basis along with healthcare professionsals, clincians and NHS managers responsible for buying maternity services in the local area.
This forum aims to provide local parents a platform to voice what was good, what wasn't so good and were we can make improvements to benefit everyone. It is also an ideal opportunity to feedback on what information is available for those wishing to get pregnant, your birthing experiences and what it's like to have a newborn in the East Riding.
To read our information booklet and find out more about Maternity Voices Partnership, click on the image below.
How to get involved
Joining Maternity Voices Partnership is simple. We welcome women and their partners who are thinking of having a baby; have had a baby in the last three years; are expecting a baby.
Simply turn up to one of the Maternity Voice Partnership events listed below. Some of the events are in the future, so in the meantime register with us to recieve regular updates so we can keep in touch.
|2 May 2019||10am - 12 noon||Brough Community Centre, Centurian Way,
Brough, HU15 1DF
2 Oct 2019
|10am - 12 noon||
Withernsea Children's Centre, Withernsea High School,
|26 Nov 2019||1pm - 3pm||
Bridlington Children's Centre,
|17 Mar 2020||10am - 12 noon||
Goole Children's Centre,
If you're not sure, but would like some more information, just email ERYCCG.MVP@nhs.net
We create regular newsletters to keep in touch with our amazing MVP members and ensure they are kept up to date with key information relating to maternity services in the East Riding and surrounding areas. Please click the links below to read our publications:
The short video below showcases the National Maternity Voices - Service User Voice Event held on 4 March 2020
A new website has been launched to support people who are thinking about having children, who are already pregnant or who have recently had a baby.
The aim of the website is to provide a single point of information for people wishing to learn more about maternity services in the Humber, Coast and Vale area, to help them choose the most appropriate place to receive care based on their needs.
- A map of local hospitals, midwifery units and birth centres
- A timeline which explains how your baby is growing and developing
- Antenatal and postnatal information
- Advice on what you should do when you find out you are having a baby
- What to expect during the different stages of pregnancy
- Advice on staying healthy while pregnant
Maternity Experience #MatExp is a powerful social media campaign involving people from all across the country to identify and share best practice across the nation’s maternity services.
#MatExp aims to:
- Encourage and empower users of maternity services to join conversations about their experiences of maternity care, and what really makes a difference to that experience.
- Get health care professionals (in and beyond the NHS) and local communities to listen and work in partnership with women and families to improve maternity experiences.
- To enable anyone to take action to improve maternity experience, however big or small, whoever you are: user, partner, community group or NHS staff.