Which NHS organisation to ask for what information

The NHS has undergone major changes since the introduction of the 2010 White Paper Equity and Excellence - Liberating the NHS became law under the Health and Social Care Act 2012.  Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) such as NHS East Riding of Yorkshire CCG, became responsible for the commissioning of some health and social care services.  However there are other organisations who also have responsibility for commissioning these services.

Listed below are organisations who have a responsibility for commissioning and providing health and social care services for residents of East Riding of Yorkshire, and the services they are responsible for.  These lists are not exhaustive and further information can be found on the following documents:

NHS East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group

  • Urgent and emergency care - including NHS 111, A&E, Ambulance Services Out of Hours
  • Elective Hospital Care
  • Community health services - including speech and language therapy and wheelchair services
  • Rehabilitation services
  • Maternity and newborn services
  • Children's healthcare services
  • Services for people with learning difficulties
  • Mental health services including CAMHs
  • NHS Continuing healthcare
  • Infertility services

You can request information from the CCG at eryccg.foi@nhs.net

East Riding of Yorkshire Council (Local Authority)

  • Children's Public Health (5-19) - including Healthy Child Programme and school nursing
  • Sexual health advice, prevention and promotion
  • Mental health promotion, mental illness prevention and suicide prevention
  • Physical activity programmes promotion
  • Obesity programmes
  • Drug and alcohol misuse services, prevention and treatment
  • Smoking cessation
  • NHS Health Check Programme

You can request information from East Riding of Yorkshire Council here

NHS England

  • Primary care services (GP contracts)
  • Pharmaceutical services 
  • Ophthalmic services including NHS sight tests
  • Dental services
  • Health services and public health services for people in prisons/other custodial settings
  • Health services for members of the armed forces
  • Specialised and highly specialised services - further details on what these are can be found here
  • Immunisation programmes
  • National Screening Programmes
  • Sexual assault referral services

You can request information from NHS England here.  NHS England is also responsible for information held by Commissioning Support Units

Public Health England

  • Prevention and early presentation - supporting local authorities
  • Infectious disease - Public oversight of prevention and control, including co-ordination of outbreak management
  • Emergency preparedness and response including pandemic influenza preparedness
  • Health intelligence and information

You can request information from Public Health England here