Throughout East Riding of Yorkshire there are a total of six minor injury units (MIUs) delivering urgent non-life threatening care and treatment. MIUs provide an alternative for people who would otherwise go to Accident and Emergency (A&E) inappropriately.
The six MIUs are situated in:
During Quarter 4 2015/16, NHS East Riding of Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) undertook its latest MIU campaign aimed at:
- Raising awareness of Minor Injury Units (MIUs) in East Riding of Yorkshire
- Increasing understanding of what MIUs can treat
- Encouraging people to attend MIUs for minor injuries as opposed to A&E which is for emergencies only
- Reducing the number of inappropriate attendances to A&E
The campaign was developed with the involvement of local patient representatives and targeted each of the different MIU areas with information specifically related to that MIU (opening times, availability of x-ray facilities, etc).
Following the campaign, the CCG carried out a survey to gain a better understanding of the following:
- Types of people attending MIUs
- Why people attend MIUs
- Satisfaction levels
- Dissatisfaction levels
- Campaign awareness levels
Click here to download the evaluation report from this survey